Recently I’ve been really wanting to see a movie. I’ve heard great things about the movie called Slumdog Millionaire. That’s not the only movie I’d like to see. I wouldn’t even mind seeing a video/DVD. But as my life goes, time is precious and very limited when it comes to spending time lounging in front of the TV for any extended period of time.
It got me thinking about all the things that I miss doing…
- seeing a movie of my choice at a time of my choice
- affording a trip to the movies when it was less than $5 (I know I am old!)
- buying that really cute pair of shoes that are not on sale
- spending more than 1 continuous hour on a scrapbook project
- taking only 10-15 minutes to wash dishes because there were hardly any dishes to wash
- my family room and living room being tidy and neat all day long
- dining out when I didn’t feel like cooking (Of course, prices were more affordable a few years ago.)
- lounging on the couch reading a really good book (the kind you just can’t put down) for hours on end
- meeting up with friends for some good food and a great glass of wine
- having a manicure…even if it’s done at home
These are just some things that I miss these days…I’m sure I could think of a lot more.
One thing I know for sure is that although I miss these things, I would not trade it for the time that Iget to spend with my children. My days are filled with unending joy and awe as I watch my girls grow and blossom right in front of my eyses. Yes, time and money are short these days but life with my girls is PRICELESS!