Want to join in? Go here to learn how and to view the weekly list Small Talk Six topics for 2009.
Today’s topic is “6 things you’ve made during your lifetime that you were proud of (can be a craft, a dish, . . . anything).” You can answer this with a list of 6 words, 6 phrases, 6 sentences, 6 paragraphs, 6 photos, 6 videos, etc . . .
Here are my 6:
When I moved into my 1st apartment I decided to repaint my old dresser and nightstand. (It was originally pink and white.) I painted it a pale green with accents of purple and white. I also added drawer pulls/knobs.
- I made the favors for both of my daughter’s 1st birthday parties. Over 100 favors for each party baked by me! Oldest daughter got mini banana bread favors. Youngest daughter got double chocolate chip cookies (3 per box) favors.
- I stenciled a floral border around the space bedroom when we moved into our house. My first attempt at stenciling.
- A few years ago I made Nick Malgieri’s molten chocolate cakes (individual) with raspberry coulis. Yum! Sadly, I’ve never made it again.
- Every year (for approx. the past 10 years) I’ve made my own handmade Christmas cards.
- For 2 Christmases, I made handmade calendars for approx. 10 people. Each month’s page was paper crafted and December even included stitchery.